Elizabeth Zenger, Ph.D, L.Ac.
Elizabeth Zenger, Ph.D., L.Ac is the founder of Inner Works Acupuncture, PC. She has been in private practice in Portland, Oregon since 2001. Her clinical expertise is in Worsley / Classical Five Element Acupuncture, Zero Balancing, and Chinese herbal medicine. Dr. Zenger is an approved practitioner of Worsley Five Element Acupuncture, having studied under J.R. Worsley, J.B. Worsley and Khosrow Khalighi. She also teaches Zero Balancing. Zenger lived in China for four years where she studied not only technique, but also language and culture.
Dr. Zenger combines a dedication to clinical practice with deep knowledge of classical Chinese culture, and a background in Western healthcare research. Her interests include mind-body therapies and depth psychology. Her goal is to bring a depth approach to the clinical practice of acupuncture and hands-on therapies. Her background includes:
- Oregon acupuncture license, Oregon Medical Board
- Board-certified Chinese herbalist and acupuncturist, NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine)
- Postgraduate certification in Worsley Five Element Acupuncture, Five Element Acupuncture Training
- Certified Zero Balancer, Zero Balancing Health Association
- Zero Balancing Faculty, certified trainer
- Former faculty member, Oregon School of Massage
- Former faculty member, Oregon College of Oriental Medicine
- Former Dean of Doctoral Studies, Oregon College of Oriental Medicine
- Master’s Degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Oregon College of Oriental Medicine
- Skilled in Mandarin language, calligraphy, taijiquan, and qigong
- Ph.D. in Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, 1991, including two years at Princeton University’s Office of Population Research and two years as a Rockefeller Foundation fellow at Beijing University